At this year’s MarCom competition, SPARK Publications and its clients won three Platinum Awards and three Gold Awards for outstanding creativity. The winners include:
- When Grandma Teaches You to Lie by Jenny Prevatte, a collection of colorful tales from Jenny’s childhood in rural North Carolina – Platinum Award in the book category and Gold Award in the illustration category
- Opportunity Is Knocking by Paul Jamison, an in-depth guide for finding, buying, and managing residential investment property – Platinum Award in the book category
- Just Eat by Renate Moore, an eclectic fusion cookbook where Guyanese heat meats Southeastern US treats – Platinum Award in the book category
- On Life and Meaning by Mark Peres, 100 essays inspired by the 100 guests on Mark’s podcast – Platinum Award in the book category
- A Year and Some Change by Reginald Bean, an introspective guide for reaching your full potential – Gold Award in the book category
- Cabarrus Magazine – Gold Award in the magazine redesign category
The annual MarCom competition is one of the largest of its kind in the world. Administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, the competition recognizes work that exceeds a high standard of creative excellence and serves as a benchmark for the industry. Thousands of corporate marketing and communications departments, advertising agencies, PR firms, design shops, production companies, and freelancers from the U.S., Canada and seventeen other countries entered the competition. A complete list of international winners can be found at marcomawards.com.